- 250 gm stoned, chopped dates
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 300 ml boiling water
- 150 gm butter
- 150 gm grated jaggery
- 2 eggs
- 250 gm flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 25 gm butter
- 5 tablespoon grated jaggery
- 5 tablespoon cream
- 50 gm chopped walnuts
This one is a challenge I'd say. I never got an expertise in this after the first try. Make sure you follow the method strictly as mentioned, or you're bound to mess up.
1. Grease and line an 8" tin.
2. Place dates and soda in a bowl, pour in the water.
3. Set aside for 30 minutes. Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
4. Gradually beat in the eggs.
5. Fold in flour, baking powder, essence and date mixture.
6. Pour into a tin.
7. Bake at 180 degree C for 1 hour.
8. For the topping, melt the butter in a pan.
9. Add the jaggery and the cream.
10. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add walnuts.
11. Decant the pudding, pour on the sauce and serve warm.