For ingredients of steamed silken tofu with minced pork, shredded carrot and shiitake mushroom, check the methods!
1. Soak 3 dried shiitake mushrooms for about 1 hour, cut into thin slices.
2.Thinly cut carrot slices into fine juliennes. (I used 1/3 medium carrot).
3. Finely chop 3 cloves of garlic with 1 tsp of coarse fermented soy bean paste.
4.Steam a box of silken tofu over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
5. While steaming, heat the pan/work and put in 1 tbsp of groundnut oil, put in garlic and fermented soy bean paste, fry for a minute or two until you get the fragrance, then put in minced pork (I used about 50g) then add the carrot julienne and mushroom.
6. Mix 1/4 tsp of tapioca/corn flour with about 2 or 3 tbsp of water, 1 tbsp of soy sauce, and pour into the pan with the simmering ingredients.
7. Dish the cooked ingredients in the wok over the steamed tofu and sprinkle with thinly sliced spring onions for garnishing.
8. Serve hot with rice.
(For this version, I cut and scooped out the tofu into the wooden bowl and pour the "topping" over the tofu in the bowl).
Preparation time: 20 - 30 mins (not including soaking the mushrooms).