- 450 grams of salmon filet, cut into 3 parts
- 2 tablespoons of sake
- 1 tablespoon of coriander paste or handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon of lemon grass paste or fresh lemon grass, finely minced
- 3 sheets of rice paper
- 6 slices of carrot
- 3 mandarins, peeled and divided into pieces
- 1/2 cup of dashi stock
- 1 tablespoon of mirin
- 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- 1 clove od garlic, minced
- 1 cm of ginger,minced
- 1/2 lime, juice only
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Marinate salmon in sake - about 30 minutes.
- Soften rice paper in hot water.
- Spread 1/3 of coriander and 1/3 of lemon grass on the top of salmon, place 2 slices of carrot on the top.
- Place salmon face down in the middle of rice paper sheet and close as envelope.
- Repeat with remaining salmon pieces.
- Steam over high heat about 5 minutes.
- Meantime prepare sauce.
- Heat oil, fry garlic and ginger, add mandarin, dashi, mirin, lime juice, sugar and soy sauce. Cook a while till sauce thickens and reduces it's volume by half.
- Serve salmon packages with mandarin sauce.