1.Dissolve yeast in the water; stir in the sugar and put aside for awhile till bubbles.
2.Add in 400g of HK flour, salt, BP and shortening to make a soft sponge.
3.Set aside in a warm place to double in bulk, about 45 mints – 1 hour.
4.Place the dough on a greased work surface; knead in the remaining margarine to make smooth dough.
5.Cut the dough into 15 equal-sized pieces; form each piece into a ball.
6.Flatten it on your palm and add-in filler then close (I used base plate).
7. Steam the bun for 20 - 45 mins.
(B) Directions: For the chicken filling:
1) Heat oil in fryer.
2) Add chopped onion, curry powder, curry leaf, pinch of salt and chilli into the fryer. Fried for about 1 min.
3) Add chicken breast and cook for 3 mins.
4) Pour in warm water and chicken granules and cook till chicken/potatoes tender & soft.
5) Let chicken filling cool down for 30 mins before stuffing into pau dough.
*Important: In order to ensure that the dough rises while baking, it has to be prepared without interruption.