I didn't put any specific amount of measurement on this recipe. Well aside from I don't really measure when I cook (except for baking), I would leave it up to you the proportion of the ingredients. I prefer this dish spicy and kinda sweet. I think the sauce compliments the shrimp flavor itself. You can add whatever veggies you like or omit the ones you don't. I chose the cabbage rather than frozen green peas as the peas kinda add more water to the dish making it a bit soggy. The cabbage also provides some texture with a little bit of crunch as you eat. I minced the shrimp than leaving it whole as I find that spreads more flavor to the rice. Aside from the fact that my brother can't pick em all out.
- Saute the garlic in some margarine.
- Add in the carrots and shrimp. Season with a bit of salt and cook until shrimp turns pink.
- Add in the sweet chili sauce and hot sauce. Let simmer a bit.
- Dump in your rice and make sure to mix so the sauce is distributed evenly throughout.
- Adjust seasoning if needed. Sprinkle in the cabbage and mix.
- Lastly add in the cooked scrambled eggs and mix mix mix! Then enjoy your spicy shrimp chao fan (fried rice).