Cream Dory is one of those light fish that crumbles in your mouth with each bite. It has a very delicate taste and texture which makes it great for marinating. This recipe is bursting with flavor and is pretty much a complete meal with your carbs, protein, and vitamins. Enjoy!
- Thaw your dory and slice into roughly 1.2cm strips. Marinade your fish strips in Sriracha sauce. Set aside. (You can do this in advanced if you want a stronger flavor)
- Seed, peel, and slice your avocado, cucumber, and mango (if you have) into 1/2 cm strips. Set aside
- Mix in your sriracha sauce and kewpie into a bowl, with a ratio of 3:1 in favor of the sriracha.
- Take your dori and lightly dust with flour and cornstarch. Fry in a pan with vegetable oil until golden. Place in paper towels to remove excess oil.
- (OPTIONAL) Place your dori in a bowl and gently coat with the spicy sauce (sriracha-kewpie). Set aside.
- Place a nori sheet onto your white rolling mat, then place the training frame on top of your nori.
- With your nonstick rice paddle, spread a thin layer of sushi rice within the training frame, then take off the frame.
- Line up your dory and other fillings on your rice.
- Take the end of the mat closest to you and start rolling until you reach the end of your nori.
- Take your roll to a cutting board. Place the cutting guide on top and slice 8 even pieces through the slats with a sharp, wet knife.
- (OPTIONAL) Take some of your spicy sauce, you can either glaze with a spoon or squirt a bit on top of your sushi.
*You can also make this recipe in Uramaki or Inside-Out (I/O) style.
- Follow steps 1 through 4 or 5 above.
- Take half a sheet of nori and place onto the white mat.
- With your hands or the nonstick paddle, spread some sushi rice evenly on the nori.
- Flip over your nori-rice base so the nori is facing you instead of the rice.
- Lay your fillings onto the nori.
- Roll your sushi until you reach the end of the nori.
- Take your uramaki or I/0 roll to a cutting board and place the cutting guide on top. Slice into 8 even pieces.
- Glaze or squirt a bit of the spicy sauce on top of your sushi.
Enjoy, everyone and Happy Rolling!