- ¾ lb shrimp, shelled & deveined
- ½ cup olive oil
- fine sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 pat of butter
- 2 bird’s eye chili peppers, sliced on bias
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp vermouth
Marinate shrimp in ¼ cup of oil, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper for at least 30 minutes.
Place skillet over high heat and drizzle ¼ cup of olive oil along with a pat of butter. When hot, throw in the chili peppers and let it infuse the oil. Throw in shrimp and garlic and saute until just cooked through. Splash in vermouth and parsley and take off heat. Continue to toss for another minute and then transfer everything to plate. Serve with some toasted, thinly-sliced baguette bread to sop up the herb-infused oil.