- Chicken stock
- Chop about 2 leeks per person into about 1/2 inch wide and fry in a little butter.
- Add about 1/4 pint of Chicken stock to the leeks and simmer on a moderate heat
- Cut about 4 rashers of panchetta per person into strips 1/4 inch wide and fry in a little olive oil - If you don't have panchetta, then you can use smoked bacon instead.
- Once the panchetta has started to colour, boil some water, salt and add the spaghetti
- About 5 minutes before the pasta is ready, add the panchetta to the leeks and stir
- When the pasta has cooked, drain and mix in the pan the leek and panchetta