These go lovely and soft the day after baking :-)
- Mix together the sugar and butter. Add the flour and almonds, using a little water if necessary to bind into a dough.
- Wrap in clingfilm and leave in the fridge for an hour. You can freeze at this stage if you like.
- Preheat the oven to 140 degrees C.
- Cut the dough in half and roll out one half.
- Punch out as many shapes as you can. Roll out the other half and cut out the same number, this time using a smaller cutter to make a hole in the middle.
- Bake for about half an hour until golden.
- Leave to cool completely and spread jam on the unholed shapes. Stick the holed shapes on top.
- Dust with coconut or icing sugar as you please!