One of my very favorite kinds of cookies. One of my very favorite recipes. I've tried other people's snickerdoodle cookies, but I am a firm believer that these are the best out there.
Makes upwards of 4 dozen.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Mix the butter, shortening, sugar and eggs together thoroughly.
- Sift the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt together.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet. Making sure to mix well.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a flat-bottomed container.
- Roll dough into balls about the size of a walnut. Roll balls in the cinnamon sugar.
- Place 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cookies should be lightly browned but still soft.