- 16 shrimps ( I used white ecuador shrimps here, size 26/30, peeled and deveined, leave the tail on )
- 200 gm chana dal flour ( lentil/yellow gram flour )
- 30 gm rice flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp tumeric powder
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp sliced serrano chilis
- 1 tbsp chopped red bell peppers
- 1 tbsp chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantros
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp chana dal split peas ( soaked and softened )
- salt to taste
- 210 ml water
So, how do you like your shrimp fritters ? What is your secret technique for a mouth-watering recipe ? Mine would actually be the hybrid of the traditional Malaysian all time favorite shrimp fritters, known as "Cucur Udang" and the Indian "Vada".
1) In a bowl, mix all the ingredients until batter form a paste-like mixture, and let chill in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
2) Remove batter from the refrigerator, dip the shrimp into the batter, deep fry at high-medium heat until golden brown.