- 8 oz cream cheese or Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese
- 1/2 medium cucumber finely diced & seeded
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint (or 1 tsp dried mint)
- 1 spring onion finely diced
- salt & pepper
- Take the cream cheese out of the fridge and let it come to room
temperature about 10-15 minutes.
- While waiting for it to soften, chop
up the cucumber. I like to leave a little of the skin, so the pretty
green shows, but you can totally peel it if you like.
- Chop up the mint
and chives – if you have kitchen shears, they work well for this task!
- In a deep bowl, combine everything except the cucumber. Taste. If you
like a more intense flavor, add more herbs, salt and pepper.
fold the diced cucumber into the mixture. If you like a chunkier dip,
add some more cucumber until you’re happy.
- Serve in a bread bowl with
chunks of bread on the side for dipping. Carrot sticks and fancy
crackers work well, too.