- 2 cups of white japanese rice
- 1 cup of brown japanese rice
- 5 shitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons of mirin
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of instant dashi
- for garnish: sliced ginger, parsley, black sesame
- Wash rice, place in rice cooker add apropriate amout of water (use directions for your rice cooker).
- Wash shitake, slice them and place in rice cooker.
- Add mirin, soy sauce, salt, sesame oil and instant dashi.
- Start rice cooker, once rice is cooked serve with sliced ginger, black sesame and parsley.