- 1 large red bell peppers
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 bowl cooked rice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 pcs cooked ham, diced
- dried parsley, salt & black pepper to taste
- Cut peppers into half (2 equal parts). Remove seeds and white membrane.
- Cook peppers in 2 cups of boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain and reserve liquid.
- Stir onion in butter until onion is tender. Add ham, rice, parsley, salt & black pepper. Finally add in egg.
- Fill pepper halves with rice mixture.
- Put the filled pepper on rack in saucepan with the reserved liquid just now at the bottom. Cover & simmer over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Smear some black pepper & parsley on top. Serve hot.
Serves 1 - 2.