- Scallops on the half shell (3 per person), cleaned and separated from the shells. Save shells to serve on
- Ginger, cut into fine strips
- Shallots, cut into fine strips
- Chilli, seeded and chopped finely
- Balsamic vinegar
- Mint, chopped finely
- Parma ham, one slice each serve
- Lime juice
- Lime zest
First Way - Steamed with Ginger and Shallots
1. Set up the steamer
2. Put a scalop in its shell and sprinkle ginger, shallots and a few drops of soy.
3. Steam until done
Second Way - Pan Fried with Balsamic Reduction
1. To make balsamic reduction, reduce balsamic vinegar on medium heat until only a quarter of the original volume remains. Allow to cool a bit before using.
2. Pan fry scallops in a hot pan until done.
3. Put scallop on a shell, drizzle with balsamic reduction and sprinkle with some mint.
Third Way - Pan Fried with crispy Parma Ham
1. Pan fry scallops in a hot pan until done.
2. Pan fry parma ham until crispy, put on paper towel to drain some oil.
3. Break up into small pieces and sprinkle on top of scallop.
4. Squeeze some lime juice and sprinkle lime zest over the scallop.