- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/3 cup shelled unsalted pistachios, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 300 gr of salmon
- 300 ml of milk
- 300 ml of whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon of gelatin
- 2 tablespoons of water
- pinch of salt
- pinch white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- dill, chopped finely
- black sesame
- lemon, cut in wedges
- Whip whites till they form firm foam. Add sugar bit by bit, continue whipping. Add yolks, whip well.
- In separate bowl, sift flours and baking powder.
- Add flours and pistachio to egg foam, bit by bit and mix gently.
- Bake 10 minutes in preheated oven, in 180 C degrees.
- Meanwhile, cook salmon in milk about 5 minutes.
- Blend well and cool down.
- Mix gelatin with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Add to blended fish, mix well. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add whipped cream, mix gently.
- Keep in fridge about 1 hour.
- When the mousse is almost set, pour it over pistachio sponge cake (in round baking tray, so that the mousse won't leak out).
- Cool in fridge overnight.
- Serve garnished with black sesame, dill and lemon.