- 2 14 oz. Cans chick peas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 Large Potato – 1 inch cubes
- 2 Plum tomatoes – 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 Green chilli peppers – chopped
- 1 tbsp. Whole Cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp. Tamarind concentrate (find at any indian or asian store)
- 2 tbsp. Chaat masala (find at any indian store)
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Olive Oil
- Garam Masala (optional)
- Heat up the olive oil over high heat in a pot. Add the cumin and the chilli peppers. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- Drain ½ the liquid from the chick pea cans. Add them into the mixture. Bring to a boil.
- Add tamarind, salt, and chaat masala. Incorporate into the mixture.
- Add tomatoes and potatoes. Mix well. Bring the mixture back to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and throw a lid on your pot. You know
it’s done when the chick peas lose their shells, the potatoes are
tender, and the tomatoes have released their water into the dish.
- Turn off heat and let the sauce thicken. If you’re feeling extra
spicy, you can incorporate some garam masala to taste at this point.