This recipes is a modification of one offered by a blogger friend. Originally, she put small sausages in the middle. Since my husband favors egg and ham sandwich for breakfast, I thought I will add egg and ham to the mix. It worked out perfectly.
- Beat the egg and mix with warm water, yeast, sugar and salt.
- When all above ingredients dissolved, slowly mix in flour and butter by hand.
- Let the dough rise for 45-60 minutes in a warm place. Wait until the dough is 2-3 times bigger.
- Separate the dough into 16 small pieces and set aside. Let rise for another 5-10 minutes.
- Use a rolling pin to roll each piece flat. Place egg and ham in the middle of the dough.
- Fold the dough over. Set the sandwich on a non-stick cookie sheet for another 45 minutes to rise.
- Brush beaten eggs on top of each sandwich. (chopped scallions can be added on top at this time for decoration)
- Bake the sandwiches at 375°F for 13 minutes.