Last weekend I needed a tapas dish for a work party and this is one of the new dishes that I came up with. If you don't have a mandolin with a crinkle cut blade you can simply slice with a sharp a knife, but the crinkle cut gives you more surface area and looks nice. Also, I was lazy and used premade polenta, but it was such a time saver! I'm ambivalent about truffle oil because I know the flavor is probably 2,4-dithiapentane, but I've come to appreciate it after shopping around for real truffles. At any rate they were a hit at the party!
- Slice polenta on a mandolin with a crinkle cut blade. If it is too soft, 15 minutes in the freezer will make it firm enough to slice.
- Grease a cookie sheet with olive oil.
- Season polenta slices with salt and pepper.
- Arrange slices in a single layer on cookie sheet.
- Drizzle more olive oil on top of polenta slices.
- Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes, then flip slices over and return to oven for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place polenta on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Lightly drizzle truffle oil over polenta, shave some parm-reg on top, then serve.