- 150 g softened unsalted butter
- 100 g caster sugar (or 150g if too lazy to make frosting)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp rose water
- 1/3 cup milk
- 100 g Icing sugar
- 1/3 tsp rose water
- Grease a 12-hole muffin tray or line with cake cases
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, one by one
- Fold in sifted flour and rose water. mix well
- Add milk. mix well
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases
- Bake in the oven at 190c until cooked through and golden, about 17-20 minutes.
- Turn out onto a rack to cool.
- Mix icing with rose water, stir and keep adding very little bit of water until getting the right spreading texture
- Spoon frost onto the cakes.
- Leave to set before decorating with rose petals or silver balls or other things of your choice.