This is the simplest, quickest (to prepare) and tastiest way to use potatoes in a meal. Beats frozen chips any day.
- Preheat oven to 220ªC/425ªF/Gas Mark 7
- Clean the potatoes (do not peel) and slice into thick wedges, lengthways.
- Put wedges into an oiled shallow oven proof dish (big enough to take the wedges in one layer otherwise they'll stew.
- Drizzle with oil. Add the garlic cloves and salt. Turn everything with hands. Scatter Thyme.
- Cook in the oven for 45–60 minutes (turning every 20 mins or so) until nicely browned.