- 1 eggplant, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of your favourite pasta sauce
- 5 or so cherry tomatoes, quartered
- pre-made pizza base (omg!)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, diced
- fresh basil leaves
- pinch dried oregano
- balsamic vinegar
- salt, pepper, olive oil
**A really simply pizza made from a pre-made pizza base (should be able to buy these from any supermarket). Would have been way nicer with a fresh base but this saves loads of time and is still surprisingly fun to make - a good dish to make in company.**
1. Heat a little olive oil in a pan and fry together the garlic and onion to soften.
2. When browned add the eggplant and red pepper, toss together in the oil and garlic, add a touch of balsamic, season and cover for 10 - 15 mins on a low heat so that all the vegetables are nice and soft.
3. Spread the pasta sauce thinly on your pizza base and give it a little sprinkling with some extra oregano. Spread your vegetables evenly across the base. Dot with the mozzarella cubes and quartered tomatoes. Make sure the cheese is evenly distributed to ensure a nice even layer when it all melts.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and give it a good grinding of black pepper. Hot oven (220C), 15 mins or until the cheese has melted and gone a lovely golden colour in places.
5. Decorate with fresh basil leaves. Cut and serve!