- 12 Razor clams (about 3 per person) rinsed in water and dried on paper towel
- 1 Spanish onion, sliced finely
- 1 Clove garlic, chopped finely
- 2 Bacon rashers, chopped
- Tomatoes, chopped (about one cup)
- 1 cup chicken stock (or water)
- 1 cup red wine
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Olive oil for frying
1. In a large frypan or saucepan, heat oil, then add bacon, onion and garic and cook on high heat until coloured or brown.
2. Add tomatoes and mix, cook for a minute or two.
3. Add red wine and let the alcohol cook out
4. Add chicken stock, mix and turn down heat to simmer.
5. Cook until reduced by a third. Add salt and pepper to taste if necessary.
6. Turn heat high, and when boiling add razor clams and cook for a few minutes until done, mixing gently a few times.
Serve with and crusty bread and a fresh grinding of black pepper.