The quince recipes
are sweet memories from my grandmother, lost and then found again.
- melt the sugar in a pan on a low flame, add the cinnamon bark, wait until it’s completely melted
- add 1/2 cup of water with attention not to get burned in the melded sugar - water reaction. Mix until all the sugar is dissolved
- when fully dissolved add the flour which you previously mixed with a bit of water to insure a smooth paste
- mix and set aside
- peal and remove the kernels, cut in about 8 slices less than 1 cm thin. It’s not mandatory to peal the quinces.
- brown the slices in oil until they are soft and set aside.
- when all the slices are cooked mix with the sauce, add 1/2 glass of water and mix on a low flame for 5 minutes
- remove the cinnamon bark and serve. Idea: serve with some pork meat cooked with curry madras :)