Tastes just like pumpkin pie.
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- have butter at room temperature
- beat butter, brown sugar, 1 C of sugar & eggs until fluffy, gently beat in milk & pumpkin.
- in another bowl mix flour, salt, baking soda & powder & spice.
- add flour mixture to egg mixture, folding in gently.
- divide batter between 2 - 9 inch cake pans or 1 13X9 inch rectangular pan.
- bake approximately 30 to 35 min for rounds or 35 to 40 min for rectangular or until tooth pick comes out cleanly.
- allow to cool in pans
- beat heavy cream on medium high until soft peaks form
- add vanilla slowly while still beating
- add 1/2 C of sugar slowly while still beating
- continue beating until stiff peaks form
- chill until ready to assemble cake
- place 1/2 of the whipped cream on top of the first layer, add second layer and place remaining whipped cream on top. sprinkle with cinnamon sugar if desired