for the pasta
- 200 g pumpkin pulp
- 2 egg (medium)
- 150 g durum semolina flour
- 150+50 g flour
for the sauce
- 4 tblsp very good extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g pumpkin pulp
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 small shallots
- Chopped aromatic herbs (sage, thyme, rosemary)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 glass white wine
- parmesan cheese
1) Clean pumpkin eliminating the skin and the seeds, cut the pulp in cubes and steam it or cook in microwave (with 1/2 glass water for 7 min. at 1000W) then let it cool completely.
2)Put the pumpkin pulp in the food processor add 2 eggs, start the food processor and add the flours (150g + 150g). You should obtain a very firm but "workable" dough. Remove the dough from the food processor and work it for a while on the table, it should be "sticky" in that case add some flour.
Wrap the dough in cooking film and let it rest for half an hour.
3) Prepare the sauce: chop finely the shallots then cook at very low heat with oil in a non sticking pan. At medium head add the other vegetable (pumpkin, carrots and celery) finely minced in small cubes, stir frequently, add salt and pepper and he wine, low the heat and let cook until extra liquid will be eliminated.
4) To prepare cavatelli, take a piece of dough, roll it over the working table until you have a cylinder 1/2 cm of diameter, cut the cylinder in small pieces about 1.5 cm long, .
5) Cook the pasta in salted boiling water (it will take 7-8 min.) then strain the water and add the pasta in the pan with the sauce and sautee the whole thing, eventually adding some hot water, sprinkle with the chopped aromatic herbs and parmesan cheese.