1. Rinse rice
2. Soak rice in water, preferably overnight. Minimum 3 hours.
3. Boil rice (together with water, which may have blackened, but that's normal) on LOW heat.
4. Boil for 3-4 hours, until rice buds open up. (You have to peer carefully at the rice to check)
5. You may have to add hot water periodically to keep it from drying up.
5. Add the brown sugar when rice buds OPEN, stirring constantly, until it melts into rice.
6. Serve hot with either some coconut milk, or my recommendation is Ben & Jerry's vanilla ice cream.