Ahh, pouding chômeur. I had this in Québec and it's absolutely delicious. I think it's much more delicious than St. Hubert's! This is my Québecois boyfriend recipe... enjoy.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Cream the butter and sugar, set aside.
- Sift the flour and baking powder.
- Add the butter mixture and stir.
- Add the milk and stir with wooden spoon until it's a good cakey batter.
- In a greased pan, pour the batter. Set aside.
- In a pot, boil the cup of water. Add the melted butter, sugar and corn syrup. Stir and set aside after it boils over.
- When the syrup is done, pour it on top of the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes. When the cake is fully baked the caramel should've went underneath the cake.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream!