- 700 grams of potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 onions, cubed
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 2 table spoons of butter
- 4 cups of water
- 2 broth cubes
- 300 ml of milk
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- 1 table spoon of mustard
- pinch salt, if needed
- pinch of white pepper
- dried red pepper to garnish
- Heat butter, fry onion, when it turns transparent add potatoes,carrot, pour in water, add broth cubes.
- Bring to boil, reduce the heat and simmer 30 min.
- When the vegetables are soft, blend soup.
- Add milk and cheese, continue simmer till cheese melts, add mustard, salt and white pepper.
- Serve garnished with red pepper.