- 6 small to medium potatoes (red or yellow)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup combination of grated mozarella, gruyer, romano & asiago cheeses
- salt and pepper
- more grated cheese for sprinkling
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- chopped parsley for garnish
1. prepare the cream mixture by combining all of the ingredients. in a bowl, combine the thinly sliced and peeled potatoes with 1/4 of the cream mixture. toss well.
2. arrange the potatoes in a buttered baking dish in layers. sprinkle the top of each layer with more cheese if desired.
3. finally, pour over the rest of the cream mixture over the potato layers. top with a good amount of cheese and pats of butter & sprinkle with chopped parsley.
4. cover with foil & bake in the oven (350 degrees F) for 1 hour.
5. remove the foil and place on broil for another 15 minutes until golden and gooey.
Serve with a good steak.