- 250 grams of wheat flour
- 60 grams of butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 50 grams of sugar
- 25 grams of yeast
- 1 egg white
- 1 lemon - only zest
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 200 grams of ground poppy seeds
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 table spoons of honey
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 table spoon of butter
- 1/3 cup of raisins
- 2 table spoons of candied orange zest
- Dissolve yeast in milk, add one tea spoon of flour and one tea spoon of sugar. Leave in warm place till it doubles.
- Grind egg yolks with sugar.
- In large bowl, sift flour, add yolks mixture, yeast mixture and lemon zest. Knead dough, after 5 min add melted butter.
- Knead till dough is uniformed. Place in warm place till dough rises.
- Meantime prepare stuffing. Mix milk and poppy seeds, bring to boil, reduce heat simmer 10 min, add honey, sugar, butter, raisins and zest, mix well.
- Roll out dough, cover with stuffing and roll, sealing ends.
- Place on baking tray, smear with egg white.
- Bake about 45 min. till golden brown, in 180 C degrees.