Polenta is another typical Brazilian revenue. It is a cream of corn, which can be consumed with meat, chicken or cow. It is common to hold the frying of polenta, as a good aperitif accompanied by cold beer.
- 3¼ cup water
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cornmeal
1. Stir ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat until they come to a slow boil.
2. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Stir frequently.
3. Spread the polenta in a bread pan.
4. Wait until it is completely cool, then cut into 2-inch wide slices.
5. Fry them in a skillet over medium heat in 2 Tablespoons of butter, 10 minutes on each side until crunchy.