- 5 ripe Plantains, peeled but not cut
- 4 cups Water
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar (preferred but may also use white sugar)
- 1 dash Salt
- Place all the ingredients in one pan. Cover and allow to boil for 20 minutes.
- When the bananas cook, lower the heat to medium. Make sure that the water is still boiling.
- Wait for the liquids to thicken. It may take at least 15-20 more minutes.
- When the syrup is thick and turns to a lovely red, turn off the heat.
- Let the bananas cool down in a dish.
- Serve with a cold drink.