During the heat of summer, when it's 99 degrees outside and just too hot to eat a spicy peppery tomato salsa, I like to make this lighter fruit version.
1. Cut ripe pineapple chunks into 1/4" pieces
2. Chop pepper into small bits-discard seeds
3. Chop both types of onions into small bits
4. Snip both types of sage into small strips
5. Toast sesame seeds in small pan on stove top over med heat - shaking or stirring until all are browned
Toss all ingredients together in bowl. Let salsa marinate for at least an hour before serving. You may eat this dish chilled or at room temp. Pair it with lime tortilla chips.