Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
- --Chicken Marinade
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 piece ginger, minced (1/2-inch long) or 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno chile, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
How to make Chicken Tikka Masala
- Combine yogurt, lemon juice, cumin, red pepper, black pepper, cinnamon, salt and ginger in a zip lock plastic bag - shake and let sit for 15 - 30 mins.
- Stir in chicken, marinate in refrigerator 1 hour or more.
- Thread chicken onto skewers (or place in grill pan) and grill until done.
- Melt butter in a large, deep skillet over medium heat, add garlic and jalapeno; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in coriander, cumin, paprika, garam masala and salt.
- Stir in tomato sauce, simmer 15 minutes, stir in cream; simmer until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Add grilled chicken to sauce and simmer until chicken is heated.
- Serve over basmati rice or naan (or roti, or chapati, or tortilla, or other flatbread).