Steam Tofu with Prawns Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1 block silken Tofu, sliced equally in smaller pieces
- 6 Prawns or depending on the no. of slices of tofu you have
- 1 Fresh Shitake Mushroom, sliced
- 1 section Carrot, about length of finger shredded
- Sesame Seed Oil
- 5 tablespoon Water
- 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 3/4 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Cooking Wine
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Cornflour Mixture (thickener)
How to make Steam Tofu with Prawns
- Place sliced tofu on dish.
- Remove heads and shells of prawns.
- Slit the back of prawns.
- Devien and clean.
- Place prawns with slitted back on tofu.
- Place a slice of mushroom and some shredded carrot on prawns.
- Steam for 7 minutes or till prawns are cooked.
- Pour away 2/3 the amount of liquid from steaming on the dish.
- While the tofu is steaming, prepare the sauce.
- Put all ingredients for sauce except for cornflour mixture in a saucepan.
- Cook till it bubbles.
- Gradually stir in the cornflour mixture to thicken the sauce.
- Pour sauce over the prawn and tofu.
- Drizzle on sesame seed oil.
- Serve immediately.
- To make prawns to curl up like mine in the photo, cut through the prawns making sure to leave about 1.5cm from head end intact. You should see a hole in the prawn.
- Stick the tail through the hole, bending on the belly side. The back of the prawns will be 'opened'.