Prawns with Garlic and Flavoured Salt Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 8 large Prawns
- 1 tablespoon minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra minced Garlic
- 1 Red Chilli, sliced
- Cornflour for dusting
- Oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
- 3/4 teaspoon Flavoured Salt (see instruction below)
How to make Prawns with Garlic and Flavoured Salt
- Deep fry 1 tablespoon minced garlic till light brown.
- Drain excess oil on paper towel and set aside.
- Dust corn flour on prawns.
- Deep fry prawns till just cook.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat a teaspoon if oil in a wok, stir fry remaining garlic and chilli till fragrant.
- Add in wine, salt and prawns.
- Continue to stir-fry till dry.
- Add in the previous deep fry garlic and stir fry to mix well.
Stir (dry) fry at low heat, the combination of 1 tablespoon salt with 1 teaspoon of five-spice powder, 1/2 teaspoon paprika and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, for 10 minutes or till fragrant and it's ready to use. Use this on other fried food as seasonings.