BBQ Pork Ribs Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 500g Meaty Pork Ribs, slightly fatty preferred
- 5 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 4 tablespoon Sugar
- 3 tablespoon Maple Syrup or 1 tablespoon Honey
- 3 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
- 2 tablespoon Apple Cider
- 2 tablespoon Tomato Sauce
- 400ml Water
How to make BBQ Pork Ribs
- Blanch ribs.
- Add blanched ribs to all ingredients combined.
- Bring to a boil and reduced to a simmer.
- Simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove ribs and set aside.
- Continue to boil the sauce till it's reduced by half and to a thick consistence.
- Place ribs in a foil wrapped baking tray.
- Spread the sauce on the ribs and baked for 10 minutes.
- Bring out ribs to spread with more sauce
- Return to bake for another 10 minutes.
- Turn the ribs over, spread sauce on it and bake for another15 minutes.
- Spread sauce again half way through the baking.
- Remove and serve.
Note: I bake at 150c for my oven. Please adjust the temperate and/or timing according to your oven. The ribs should not burn fast. We want coat it well with sauce.