Spaghetti Marinara Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
300g raw prawn, head and shell on
1/2kg mussel, cleaned
1/2 head of garlic (5~6 cloves), finely chopped
800g bottle tomato cooking sauce(puree)
500g dried spaghetti
1 fresh chilli (discard the seed, finely chopped) or 1/2 tbsp chilli paste
knob of butter
sea salt and black pepper to taste
1/2 tbsp sugar
a handful of italian parsley(or flat-leaf parsley)
How to make Spaghetti Marinara
- In a medium hot fry pan, drizzle some olive oil and a knob of butter, fry the finely chopped garlic and chilli for about 3 minutes.
- Put in the mussel and raw prawns and stir fry on high heat for about 5 minutes. Discard any unopened mussel.
- Pour in the tomato cooking sauce, sugar, sea salt and black pepper.
- Cook on low heat for about 1/2 hour. Constantly stirring.
- In the mean time, cook your spaghetti al dente.
- When pasta is cooked, toss through the sauce and served with a small handful of parsley and lemon wedges.