Talam Kacang Hijau Nona Manis Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
400 gm sifted green bean flour
100 gm hoen kwee flour
80 gm sifted tapioca flour
600 gm palm sugar
200 gm fine sugar
1 tsp salt
2500ml thick coconut milk
2 tsp green food colouring
2 pandan leaves
7 inch square baking tin
How to make Talam Kacang Hijau Nona Manis
1) Heat coconut milk with palm sugar, fine sugar and pandan leaves until sugar dissolves. Strain and put aside to cool.
2) Combine all ingredients in a big bowl and add the coconut milk little by little until finish.
3) Stir till mixture is smooth, strain and divided into 2 potions. 1 potion add in green food colouring and the other without any colour.
4) Grease baking tin and line with greaseproof paper. Place baking tin in steamer and steam for 5 minutes.
5) Remove baking tin from steamer.
6) Pour in ½ cup of the first colour batter; return baking tin to steamer and steam for 5 minutes.
7) Remove baking tin from steamer, pour in ½ cup of the second batter without any colouring and steam for 5 minutes.
8) Repeat the layering and steaming with a different colour of batter for each layer. After pouring in the last layer, steam for 15 minutes to cook through.
9) Remove and let cool. Cut into serving pieces.