Kueh Talam Ubi (Tapioca) Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
1) 900g tapioca, grated
2) 250g castor sugar
3) ½ tsp salt
4) 350ml thick coconut milk
Top Layer (sift):
1) 80g rice flour
2) 90g tapioca flour
3) 1 tsp green pea flour
4) 1 tsp salt
5) 225ml thick coconut milk
How to make Kueh Talam Ubi (Tapioca)
TO MAKE THE BOTTOM LAYER;
1) Squeeze off excess liquid from the grated tapioca and combine with sugar, salt and thick coconut milk in a non-stick pan.
2) Cook over low heat until mixture turns into a thick batter. Pour the batter into a lightly-greased 23cm square tray.
3) Steam for 20 minutes.
FOR THE TOP LAYER:
1) Combine the different types of flour, salt and coconut milk in a non-stick pan.
2) Cook until mixture turns into a soft paste-like batter. Pour batter over the tapioca layer and steam for 15-20 minutes.
3) Remove the talam from the steamer and let it cool completely before cutting into square serving pieces.