Chesapeake Tuna Salad Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 2 or 3 Large cans White Tuna in Water Drained
- 1 Medium Onion Finely Chopped (Yellow or Red)
- 1 Large Heinz GENUINE Dill Pickle Chopped
- 1/2 to a Cup of Helmans Mayonnaise
- 1 Heaping TBLspoon or more of OLD Bay Seafood Seasoning or Phillips Brand to taste
- 1 teaspoon of Celery Seed or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper to taste
- 1 nice pinch of Lemon Zest.
How to make Chesapeake Tuna Salad
This was my mothers recipe which I have kept and still use today. I get many requests for it. This has to be one of the BEST Tuna Salads you will have ever eaten, especially on your favorite Sandwich bread or Sub Roll. The Flavors just jump out at you. It is extremely good on Crackers for those special party snacks. You will get compliments.
- Combine all ingredients in Large bowl.
- Wash Hands well and use your hands to mash and blend all ingredients.
- As with most foods, it is best when prepared the day before serving to allow mariage of seasonings...
- It is well to note here the amount of ingredients/Seasoning is really to taste. My mother always used a real Heinz Genuine Dill pickle or two. I suppose you could substitute any Dill Relish. My wife prefers a sweet relish in hers... Do Enjoy!