Oseng-oseng Buncis: Javanese Wok Tossed Green Bean Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
- Fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 2 tbs minced shallot
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbs kecap manis (sweet / palm sugar soy sauce)
- French onion / shallot crust
- Olive oil / vegetable oil
- Water/vegetable stock as needed
How to make Oseng-oseng Buncis: Javanese Wok Tossed Green Bean
- In a large wok, heat oil over medium heat.
- Brown the shallot.
- Add the green beans and cook, stirring 2 to 3 minutes until dark green. Add 2 tbs of water / vegetable stock - turn the heat up and let the beans sit until the water is almost gone.
- Add garlic, stir constantly for 2 minutes. Add all sauces, stir to incorporate, and heat another minute.
- Transfer to a serving dish, top with french onion / shallot crust.