Yow char kueh- Chinese beignet Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
1/4 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp flour
1 tbsp warm water
250ml warm water
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
3/4 tsp alum powder
3/4 tsp ammonia powder
1 tsp salt
300 gm flour
oil for deep frying
How to make Yow char kueh- Chinese beignet
1. Mix ingredient A and leave for few mins for the yeast to react.
2. Mix ingredient B .
3. Make a well in the flour, pour B and A into it. Mix well.
4. Leave to rise for 2 hours.
5. Transfer to a floured board and stretch it long and about 3" width.
6. heat a wok with oil to 250 C. Cut the dough as think as your finger . place one strip on top of each other. Stretch a little and dip into the hot oil.
7. let it golden brown on both side. Drain.
8. Eat with kaya or condense milk.