Quince recipe Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 2 large quinces (around 1kg). You can use only 2 for the first recipe if you don’t peal them and add the third at the end.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large tbs flour
- a bit of cinnamon only if you have cinnamon bark and not grounded
How to make Quince recipe
The quince recipes are sweet memories from my grandmother, lost and then found again.
- melt the sugar in a pan on a low flame, add the cinnamon bark, wait until it’s completely melted
- add 1/2 cup of water with attention not to get burned in the melded sugar - water reaction. Mix until all the sugar is dissolved
- when fully dissolved add the flour which you previously mixed with a bit of water to insure a smooth paste
- mix and set aside
- peal and remove the kernels, cut in about 8 slices less than 1 cm thin. It’s not mandatory to peal the quinces.
- brown the slices in oil until they are soft and set aside.
- when all the slices are cooked mix with the sauce, add 1/2 glass of water and mix on a low flame for 5 minutes
- remove the cinnamon bark and serve. Idea: serve with some pork meat cooked with curry madras :)