Soy Sauce Beef Stewed Pot Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- Corn oil or olive oil
- 1 or 2 Shallots, fresh or dried
- 2-3 pounds of Ground beef
- A large pinch of Chinese five spice
- 20cc of oyster sauce
- ~30cc soy sauce
- 1 tlbspn of sugar
- splash of rice wine optional:
- Fried tofu pouches
- 2 or 3 flakes of licorice root
- 5-6 peeled hard boiled eggs
How to make Soy Sauce Beef Stewed Pot
- Put oil in a deep pot and heat on high
- When hot, add shallots
- Shortly after, the aroma from shallots will come out. This is when you add the ground beef.
- Stir fry the ground beef until almost brown.
- add soy sauce (or to taste)
- add oyster sauce
- add chinese 5 spice powder
- add sugar
- add salt to taste and cook until flavor seeps into meat. (taste test)
- add a splash of rice wine
- cover meat sticking out from liquid with water (should only be very little)
- optionally add fried tofu pouches
- optionally add licorice root flakes
- optionall add 5-6 peeled hard boiled eggs
- set heat on medium to medium low until stewed to taste.