Molten Chocolate Cookies Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 12oz bag of Guittard Semisweet Chocolate Chips (any brand will do)
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 C. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
How to make Molten Chocolate Cookies
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in double boiler over low heat, stirring until smooth but thick. Remove from heat; set aside to cool. (I stuck mine in the fridge for faster cooling)
- In large bowl beat eggs, sugar and vanilla on high speed until pale yellow and slightly thickened. (I beat it by hand with a whisk and it was fine)
- Mix in chocolate on low speed. Stop and scrape bowl.
- Add flour and baking powder on low speed just until incorporated, stopping once to scrape bowl. (Again I did it all by hand and it turned out right consistency)
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes. (this will set the dough to form cookies later)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Scoop 8 2in. mounds onto parchment lined cookie sheet leaving 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until crusty on the outside but soft in center. (Took second batch out after 10min and they where even better)
- Cool on cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes. Best when served warm.