Hussaini Curry (Indian Recipe) Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
IngredientsBoneless Mutton/Beef 500 gm
Large Onion 2 (cut in to large slices)
Ginger/Garlic Paste 2 tbsp
Yogurt (curd) 100 gm
Dry Coconut 2" (or 2 tbsp if using dry powder)
Poppy Seed 1 tbsp
Coriander Seed 1 tsp
Cumin Seed 1 tsp
Black Cardamom 1
Red Kashmiri Chilli 2
Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp
Handful of Coriander and Mint Leaves
Salt To taste
How to make Hussaini Curry (Indian Recipe)
1. Cut meat in to 1 inch cubes and steam until tender. Thread
meat on small silver or bamboo skewers, alternatively adding
onion and capsicum slices.
2. Grind the remaining onion along with coconut, poppy seed
and remaining spices.
3. Heat 4 tablespoon of oil and fry the ground paste well
(till it reaches a nice golden brown color).
4. Add curd (yogurt) beaten with 1 cup water and turmeric
5. Arrange the skewers with meat neatly side by side in a pan
and simmer covered for 10-15 minutes. If you don't have a
covered pan, add a little more water, turn the skewers over
and simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
6. Garnish with Coriander leaves, mint leaves and sliced
7. Serve with Rice, like show below.
Note 1: Use different colors of capsicum for a more colorful
look (green, yellow and red).
Note 2: I don't like chilli, so I skip the kashmiri chilli,
but you could easily add it without fear as it has very little
Original Recipe Source: Hussaini Curry http://begumskitchen.com/HussainiCurry.aspx