BEST EVER POTATO LEEK SOUP Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- This recipe serves 4.
- some butter.
- around 1/4 cup chopped bacon
- like 3-4 leeks - chop up the white part, tie the green part into a knot.
- a bay leaf
- 3 med sized potatoes, skinned and cubed
- about a cup of cream or half&half
- around 3 cups chicken broth (you can use the canned stuff, but its always better if you use real broth.
- salt & pepper
- fresh thyme or dried
- a few drops of truffle oil (optional)
How to make BEST EVER POTATO LEEK SOUP
- In a soup pan, melt some butter in med heat..
- add the bacon, and stir fry till it sweats. (around 2-3 mins)
- add in your leeks, just the chopped white parts.
- stir fry another 2 minutes.
- add the stock.. the bay leaf, a dash of thyme and the tied up green part of leeks.
- when it boils, add the potatoes.
- lower heat and simmer for 15 mins. (or until potatoes are cooked)
- transfer to a food processor and pulse a few times
- return to stove top, low heat.. pour in your cream, ..
- salt and pepper to taste.
- right when you're about ready to serve, drop a few drops of truffle oil and stir.
- Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle some chopped parsley.
- that's the dish!