Stir-fried Okra Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
- Okra - 1 lb (500 gms), washed & cut into bite size pieces
- Onion - 1 med, thinly sliced
- Dried red chili peppers - 3- 4, torn in half
- Salt- to taste
How to make Stir-fried Okra
- 1. Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a non-stick wok.
- 2. Add the chili peppers, saute to infuse the oil. Add the onions and salt. Saute till the onions are translucent.
Add the cut okra, saute on high heat for 6-9 min stirring continuously,
or till cooked through. Saute until your preference of crispness. I
personally do not like the slimy texture so I fry it for extra long.
Make sure not to overcook though, as then the colour will not stay as
- 4. Serve with plain white rice, or any side of your choice.